Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birthday RAKs

Hi! Are you having a good week so far?? I know it's early in the week, but I'm gonna be honest and say I'm already feeling stressed with projects to do and housework to be done!! Calgon take me away!! It's amazing how quickly life can get back into the same crazy cycle!! :D No worries though, I know everything will get done when it gets done and all will be good.

I thought I'd share a couple of birthday cards I've worked on this past month. This first card is what I made for Geeta for her 40th!! :D It's a bit of a strange layout, but I wanted to do something different than the norm. It's a criss-cross pocket card and of course I had to use the Rock Star for her cuz she's a rock star and what would go perfect on a rock star birthday card?? A cupcake of course!! So I had to put him on it along with some music notes from the ice cream truck stamp. When I stamped the sentiment, I realized it didn't quite look right to put the oval piece straight on the inside card so I tilted it to line up with the sentiment. Probably a bit confusing for Geeta when she opened it, but it's her 40th, gotta give her as hard of a time as I can!! :D


This next card is a bit of a stretch too!! I must confess that I actually haven't sent this card out to anyone yet cuz when I look at it, I feel like it has a monster face!!! The curvy zigzag line from the Fancy Borders clear set looks like a monster mouth to me the way I stamped it with all the elements together!! :D LOL!! But, I spent quite a bit of time trying to get this card manageable so I'm posting it anyway!! :D


I made this next card for some birthday RAK's for a few of my good A Muse Addict friends. Pretty sweet and simple.

All stamps, ribbons and papers used on these cards are by A Muse. Versafine Onyx Black ink, Certainly Celery SU ink, Ice Blue chalk ink, Copic Markers, CM Precious Metals silver pen, Signo White Gel Pen, Stardust Stickles, A Muse Twinkle Stickers, dimensionals and Marvy Punches also used.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Don't forget this Saturday night is our next Virtual Meeting of the A Muse Addicts!!!!! I hope you'll be able to join us for the party and challenges!! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rhonda!! I am SO glad you are back, I have SO missed you!! These are all awesome cards! Your cards are always so well put together, you add all the right details! :) Hugs!

Anonymous said...

These are all GREAT but I *love* the Rock Star on the cupcake!! Too cute!!!

Sarah/WAstamper said...

I love ALL of these! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!