Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Linda!

Hey everyone!! It's Linda Carnell's birthday today! In case, for some strange reason, you don't know who Linda is, well, she's none other than the A Muse Guru herself, owner extraordinaire!!!

If you're up for it, pop on over to her blog and send her some birthday wishes. She's an amazing woman with a heart of gold!

Happy Birthday Linda!!


This is the card I made for her. The pressure is definitely on when making a card for the owner of A Muse Artstamps, but I just went with it! I don't know what her fave stamps or colors are, so I decided since she's working so hard on getting the new retail shop up and ready that the stamp store would be appropriate, then it all just fell into place from there. I stamped the city background along with the Tower (Space Needle) stamp since the shop is in North Seattle. The p*a*r*t*y letters were paper pieced from scraps in my stash. Notice anything different about the Tiny Bird?? He/she's facing the opposite direction. I had already stamped the tiny bird flying in the background and putting it on the line was an afterthought. I thought it would look weird to have both the birds facing the same direction so I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig imaging sheet (the smooth side), stamped the tiny bird on it, then flipped it over and pressed it on the card leaving a light imprint. Then I used a black Pitt Artist Pen to trace over it. Maybe not the most efficient way, but it worked. The great thing about that pen is that it didn't bleed when using my Copics to color in the pink birdie! Yay! :D I put some Stardust Stickles on the bird and some Clear Glaze pen on the window of the shop and on the light post.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Hugs,

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is just too cute!! Love the scene you created and the skyline in the background!

Anonymous said...

OH RHONDA!
That is one amazing card!
The city in the BG! So many cute elements.
Great job!

Lori Barnett said...

((gasp)) HELLO! That is awesome! I totally need all the stamps you used that I don't already have. I'm sure Linda will be crazy about this card! :)

jenstamps said...

This card is amazing!!! I love the Seattle back ground!!!

Rachel Hope said...

this is an amazing card!!! Everything is PERFECT!!!!

Tisha said...

Absolutely awesome card, Rhonda!! Love it!

Nicole said...

So fun Rhonda! I was envisioning the real A Muse store with a Party banner and bird. Love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This card is SO beautiful!! Every single detail is just perfect! You are amazing!!