Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sa-weet 16

It's my nephew's birthday today! Happy Birthday Peter!! :D (I seriously doubt he reads this blog, but just in case, I needed to shout it out!)

He's a tough one to make a card for cuz I just have a tough time with guy cards in general. He loves many things like skateboarding, reading, drawing, and video games, so I tried to think of something cool I could stamp for him. This is what I came up with:


I love the sweet 16 saying, but since he's a guy, I knew I needed to make it cool somehow or not use it at all cuz it seems too girly. Not sure if teens still say "sa-weet" any more or if I'm just aging myself, but I thought this was pretty fun!

On the inside I stamped the snowboarder stamp by A Muse and added wheels to make it a skateboard. I originally wanted to stamp it on the front of the card along the words (to make it look like he's skating down them) but I thought it might throw it off balance and look too cluttered so I added the arrows punch from SU instead.


The "16" is stamped with the A Muse birthday builder clear set and the "sa-weet" uses the lower-case small polka dot letters clear set from A Muse, (I just filled in the polka dots with a black Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pen so you can't see them). I outlined the punched arrows with a Signo white gel pen to add interest and balance the white from the popped up circle. The notecard base is A Muse and the ribbon is from Michaels.

I hope you're having a fabulous week!

Hugs and Blessings,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card rocks!! I love it! Perfect for a teen boy and I *love* how you made the snowboarder into a skateboarder!! You are so creative!! :)

Anonymous said...

Clever, clever girl!

Lori Barnett said...

Dude....like totally dude....like this is awesome....dude...this rocks! LOL Did I sound 16? hee hee hee

Pamela said...

Great card for a teenager!!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a guy!!! I *love* it!!!

Victoria said...

Very cool!