Friday, December 28, 2007

A Winter Challenge card

Hello!  I made this card for a couple of challenges, one was for A Muse Addicts Yahoo Group challenge #21 to  make a Winter card, one was for Iheart2stamps Saturday Sketch here.



So I'm a little late posting this for the Yahoo group, but it was still fun to make.  I flipped the sketch upside down to accommodate the main image, hope it still counts.  Images by Elzybells NA.  I omitted the star in the Reindeer Star stamp and replaced it with Falling Snowflake.  The snowflake is a retired SU punch that was punched out then punched again with a 1 1/4" circle punch and then the glitter window technique was applied to it (put packing tape on the back, trim it down, then dip it in DD glitter.)  I got to use a new Robin's Nest glass embellie on the center of the snowflake!  My first time using them, I hope to get more creative with them since I have a whole bottle to work with!

Have a great weekend everyone! 

8 comments:

lexi said...

very pretty! i love the glittered snowflake. (my email just popped twice with comments from you while i was distracted writing this one!--too funny!)

Pamela said...

This is a great card! I love winter cards and the colors and glittery accents you used are perfect. The Elzybells stamps are so fun!

Anonymous said...

This card is SO pretty Rhonda! I love how you added the snowflake instead of the star!! Awesome!

Nancy said...

I think this is perfect for both challenges. I like how you flipped the sketch over to accomodate the main image. Good thinking! I think adding the falling snowflake instead of the star is a super cute idea!! Another beauty Rhonda!

Michele Kovack said...

What a sweet card!

Anonymous said...

this is darling!! i love that image!!! thx for playing along!!! :)

Kimberly said...

Super cute, I love how you used the scallop punch!

Unknown said...

Rhonda, your card is beautiful and so creative. I love the idea of the glitter window and you've reminded me to try it again. It's so effective...good job!

Janice