Wednesday, January 9, 2008

More SB Mug inspired cards

Hello there!  

Leave it to me when I post that I'm feeling in a stamping rut, to start stamping!!  :D  I made these 2 cards today, both inspired by more Starbucks mugs!  Thank you so much Jennie for the great tip to use SB mugs as inspiration.  I think that should be a new monthly stamping ritual:  go to SB, get some coffee, snap some pics of new mugs on the shelf and make some cards!!  I could definitely get used to this!



I kept these super simple!  I didn't even add glitter, I can always go back and do that if needed.  (Who am I kidding, glitter is always needed!!)  I know you can't see it in the pic, but on the bottom card, I used Shimmery White cardstock to give it a little extra umph.  I shoulda used my Stamp-a-ma-jig on that card, but I was having a tough time lining the hearts up even with that, couldn't coordinate it well, so I just eye-balled it.  All stamps used are by A Muse (some are retired though).  Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

OMGoodness, Rhonda these are both adorable. I was just eyeing that top mug at Starbucks over the weekend. Great cards!

freshaircrafting said...

Very cute Rhonda!! I don't drink coffee but I might have to swing by a Starbucks just so I can see all these cute mugs!!

Anonymous said...

That card with the silver on the bottom is genius! Way to go Rhonda!

Anonymous said...

OMG these are too cute!! You are getting so good with Starbucks inspiration!!

Pegg S said...

These are awesome! What fabulous interpretations!!!

Marcia said...

Clever, Clever, Clever!

cyndi said...

i am not sure my starbucks has such cute things...but i guess its hard to tell from the drive through...lol

Nancy Riley said...

AMAZING! Thank you so much for showing the inspiration mugs! Your cards are incredible! WOW!!!

Nancy said...

WOW...there is A LOT of inspiration to be had at SB!! I'm so glad you've included pictures of the mugs that inspired these cards. It's fun to look at both of the pics. I really like how you added the "stainless" look to the bottom of the first card, & what a fun way to use that heart balloon stamp. You're getting some ideas stirring in my head ;). The hearts look perfectly lined up to me on the second card & I like how you added the "love you" sentiment. Such a sweet little card! I love that shimmery white cardstock....it's so hard to photograph shimmer & sparkles isn't it??

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I am blown away!! You ROCKED this challenge!! :) I saw both of these mugs too but wasn't inspired by them...but now I am totally inspired by your take on them!! Wow!! You are amazing!

Tracy H said...

A mug? WOW!!! These are AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

these cards are brillant. this is my first visit to your blog. Time to check out more of your art!!

Anonymous said...

You can shop thru the drive thru. I've done it before. Now I want to go to Starbucks and get a new Valentine mug. I was thinking about going there today and I said no...brew your own Starbucks coffee at home. Darn.

thanks for the great cards.