Thursday, March 5, 2009

A-Muse-a-Coladas

"If you like Pina Coladas, and gettin caught in the rain...." (pretend you can hear me singing that song, only it sounds good in your head, k?)

:D

My friend Cheiron recently made a Hula Girl A Muse card and it got me thinking about Hawaii, lounging on the beach (or by the pool) and sipping Pina Coladas and Lava Flows and how I wished I could go there. I asked her if she wanted to join me, but since I'm broke and we can't realistically go, I had to send her a thinking of you card with A-Muse-a-Coladas on them:


This card also qualifies for Jennie's Monthly challenge on the A Muse Lounge this month, Stamping to the Music, to make a card inspired by music. I was singing that Pina Colada song the whole time I made it, so it inspired me for sure!! I got to use my new Fiskars Apron Lace border punch on this card and try something new by punching half circles all around the edges of the main piece. I also had fun playing with my copics to get the pina colada drinks to look pina colada-y. :D All stamps and papers used on this card are from A Muse Artstamps.

Thanks for stopping, enjoy your day!!

Hugs and blessings,

10 comments:

Victoria said...

Very cool! Wish I was there in Hawaii right now! I miss our crafting sessions, hope we can get together soon!

Anonymous said...

What a fun card Rhonda! I love this layout and your card *definitely* makes me want a Pina Colada!! :) Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your card, Rhonda. The half circle punches on the main image look cool, very creative! Now I will be singing that song all night. :)

Dawn said...

Amazing, Rhonda! Love the colors you picked out and that border around the drinks, very clever. I'm singing in my head right now. hmmmm

Becky Rusher said...

Rhonda, this is amazing! I love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Rhonda...thank you again for this great card! I hung it up on my inspiration board in my craft room.

Laura said...

What a cool card! I love it! What a perfect card for the challenge!

Rose said...

Hilarious! what a fun card!!

Glenda J said...

Wow Rhonda - this is so fun! Great colours and terrific layout!

Anonymous said...

Makes me wish I was there in the sunshine ! What a great card, Rhonda!