Thursday, March 26, 2009

The *Twilight* Zone

That's where I've been this past week!! Yes, I finally gave in and decided to start reading Twilight!!


After a year or so of friends saying how great of a series it is and that I should read it, I was finally convinced and gave in! I'm not much of a reader, not much can hold my attention for so long, but I'm so glad I gave it a go!! Such a fun book to read and no, I couldn't put it down and when I had to, I couldn't wait to pick it up again and start reading!! I was up until 2:00 this morning reading!! I couldn't stop. I just have the epilogue left and the sneak peak of New Moon, the next book in the series.

I'm amazed at how captivating the book was, how you could feel every emotion and I got butterflies in my stomach when Bella talked about how she felt about Edward. The magnetisma and electricity between them is so exciting! Very tastefully written book! Although, I must admit that I enjoyed the first 2/3rds of the book much better than the last 1/3rd. I loved reading all the parts of them getting to know each other and the deep connections they felt for each other. Although there's always complications in a good story, I didn't want the bad guys to be in there getting in the way of their relationship. I'm excited to read the next book in the series but I just hope the deep connection is still there and jumps out from the pages like in the first book.

So, consequently, I haven't been stamping much, surprise, surprise! I even have A Muse's amazing new Bridal/Floral release stamps waiting for me to play with them, but sadly they're un-inked. I'm in one of those phases where I have a bunch of different projects I want to work on; making baby blankets, jewelry projects, scrapbooking, cards for an upcoming class and many others, that I just don't know where to begin! I did manage to make an anniversary card for my mom and stepdad last week:


I tried to keep it clean and elegant, I hope they liked it. I got to use one of my new EK Success thin border punches from Michaels. It's a cute punch, but was difficult for me to line up well and because it has the embossing, it left marks where I didn't want them. I think I was able to conceal them in the end, but took some getting used to.

Hugs to all of you! Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY you came over to the dark side with us. Now you'll have to watch the movie. I can't wait to chat with you soon!

Unknown said...

Oh... good to know Rhonda! I have all 4 books waiting for me on my shelf (xmas gift). And I'm reading a not so great book right now, so I'm trying to hurry and finish so I can start on Twilight since I've heard everyone say it's a good read!

Anonymous said...

OMG Rhonda... I started book 1 yesterday morning at 9:30am and finished it tonight at 6:45. Who took care of my kids? LOL. I've watched the movie 3 times now (before the book) OMG! OMG!

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous card! Simple and elegant for sure. I have not read the books, so I can't comment on that one!

Susan N. said...

If you liked Twlight be warned you will not get a thing done once you start New Moon. It is good that you have read Twlight now on to the movie. I heard on the news yesterday that Forks is getting 100 visitors a day. I have been there years ago maybe it is time to take a road trip. Love your card!

Giovana said...

So cute!!!

cheiron said...

Cute card Rhonda! I started over a week ago, and went to Target and bought the other 3. I finished the last one last night...you will love them!

Debbie said...

Great card, Rhonda! Love the black and white with just the one color added, very sharp. I have not read the Twilight books but I keep hearing how great they are. I'm afraid I won't want to put them down either!

Heather said...

Adorable card, Rhonda! And I couldn't think of better inspiration! LOVE the books!

Jennie M said...

Such a cute card! I love the colors you used!! And I am SO excited that you are in the *Twilight Zone*!! :)

Tracy said...

OMG!!! I know. I'm almost finished with it and ran out to buy New Moon cause I just have to find out what happens next. I have definately been bitten by this fantastic seris. I love Edward Cullen!