Friday, April 25, 2008

VMAA SURPRISE BONUS CHALLENGE!!

Woohoo, the A Muse owner herself, Linda, graciously joined us and is hosting an awesome bonus challenge for the night entitled "Happy Days." This challenge has tons of creative freedom to it, just one word to inspire us, WEEKEND. We get to decide what that means to us and interpret it into a card. Many things come to mind when I think of weekends, but what I think of most are the many times we've spent hanging out with family either at my mom's place or my in-laws place, just sitting around the table chatting or playing cards. So many great memories for me from those times. Here's my entry:

I used Copic Markers to quickly color in the white silk flowers from Stampin' Up!'s Pretties Kit and paper pieced the table top. All stamps and notecards by A Muse, SU white CS, Memories Black Ink, SU Certainly Celery, Copic Markers, Cloud deco scissors, Ice Circle Rhinestone brad.

Thank you very much for stopping by and checking out my entries for the challenges tonight!! This has been a blast!! :D

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Blessings to you!
Rhonda :D

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

What an adorable image. Love the paper piecing!

Anonymous said...

Wow Rhonda! You rocked this challenge! Awesome card!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Wow...fantastic work!

friends said...

Rhonda,

Thanks for coming to play with us last night. I hope you know that I was only teasing you about not stamping!!! Thank goodness you were there, otherwise I would not have gotten my challenge posted on time!

Your card is lovely! It reminds me of an English tea party scene... don't know why! LOL! Pretty and soft - that must be why!

Have a great day!
Linda

Tisha said...

Such a pretty card! I love the colors and the deco scissors! I know I have those in a box somewhere, but I always forget about them!

Lori Barnett said...

love it! :) Had a blast and look forward to doing the party thing again. (Or is it officially called a meeting...cause I can say to my dh...oh...I have a 2 hour meeting and can't be bothered! ha ha ha)

Rachel Hope said...

What a gorgeous card!!! I love the little table and chair setup...so soft and tranquil!

Nancy said...

It's amazing all of the things you can do with those copics....those flowers are GORGEOUS!! I really like the way this one turned out & spending time with family like you described makes great memories. I've really enjoyed all of your creations from VMAA Rhonda!! You are always very inspirational to me :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Rhonda! All your VMAA cards are great! It was fun meeting you and getting to stamp a bit! Well, at least SOME of us stamped! *wink*

Hope you're having a great week!

Kian Finnegan said...

Great blog yoou have here