Monday, May 12, 2008

Guy cards with a spark!

Hey, what's up?? What's down?? What's all around?? :D

Awhile back I bought the Arrow punch from Stampin' Up! but hadn't gotten to play with it!! Heather has a weekly challenge on her blog called Share Your Spark Fridays. They're usually very simple challenges that anyone can do easily but I hadn't been able to play until now. The challenge this week is to use punches on your card. Easy peasy!! I LOVE PUNCHES!!! Any kind of punches make me happy!! I'm not the most organized person and my craft room is a mess, but here's a pic of a bunch of my punches hanging on my office door. I got this super cheap shoe hanger from Wal-Mart a year or so ago. The best part is that it has a clear front so I can easily see what I shove in the pockets!! :D I think I need another one for the other door so I can spread them out a little, the pockets are getting crammed!

Here's the card I made with the Arrow punch:


When I got the new Classic Stars wheel from Stampin' Up! I had in mind to use it with the Rock Star from A Muse. I know it'll have plenty of other uses too but this was my first thought. I inked up the wheel with Summer Sun ink and then bumped it in my Pumpkin Pie inkpad to give it some color variation. The arrows are punched with Summer Sun CS and sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink. The Star Line stamp from A Muse is inked with Summer Sun and just the dots were inked with Pumpkin Pie too. The diamond strip along the top (sorry it's crooked!) is from the Happiness background stamp from Stampin' Up! I followed some great advice online and split it up, bought blocks from The Block Guy and mounted the strips separately.

Also used: A Muse Rockstar, You Rock, Mini Oval, Elzybells NA Star Swirl, Black Argyle Band notecard, white and black cardstock, Marvy Mega and Giga square punches, black glaze pen, silver metallic pen.

This next card, I must confess, I made a couple weeks ago as a sample for VMAA, but wasn't too happy with it so I redid the challenge! I think this card would be just fine for a kid birthday but there's something about it that just bugs me and I couldn't figure out what to change!! :D


A Muse Surfer, Dotted Lines bl (masked), Skinny Oval, Seaweed (masked) and Little Dude MA stamps used, A Muse notecards, black CS, edge distresser, Memories Black Ink, Copics, Chalk Ink cateyes, Bordering Blue Ink too, Marvy square punches.

Have a fun day!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are both really cute cards, Rhonda! The rock star one is REALLY fun! (I've also never noticed the arrow punch in the SU catalog!)

I'm glad you had time to play this week! Thanks for "sharing your spark!"

scoopy (Emily) said...

OMGosh Rhonda - these both ROCK! Love them! I wonder if what's bugging you on the surfer card is the distressed black layer? I totally love it though - the seaweed wave (brilliant) and the way you did the border and words. And the rock star card just pops! Great combination of stamps!

Anonymous said...

These cards totally "ROCK"!!! I love all the stars with the rock star! They go great together and super color combo!!!

The surfer is adorable!!! Perfect for a kid or guy birthday!!!

Tracy said...

What are you talking about? The surfer dude is Hang 10!! Awesome. Super job on the rocker guy too. I *love* the stars background. I want this arrow punch now!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that rockstar card! The arrows are the perfect touch!

Nancy said...

WOW girl....now that's A LOT of punches! That arrow punch is super cool & works very well with your ROCK STAR card! I really like how you used the seaweed for waves in your second card! Two very well done masculine cards!