Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Cards and a Concert

Hi Everyone!!

Did you have a fun weekend?? Mine was great!! Got to celebrate Mother's Day with my Mom and DH's Mom Sunday and got pampered on Sat by my DH and kids, including a trip to the A Muse shop to pick out some goodies, lots of sweet pictures and cards made by my kids along with some magnets they made and clay dish from my son, Flowers, a yummy dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Palisade, on Elliot Bay in Seattle, and the KT Tunstall concert to follow!! SOOO fun! KT is a wonderful singer and great performer. She's got a quirky, odd sense of humor, but very fun! Here are a couple pics from the show. We were up on the balcony, so not too close, but it's a pretty small place, so we still had a great view.

The first picture is before the show, just so you can see our view with the lights on. I had never been to the Moore Theater before. I know it's pretty famous and I remember seeing one of the Pearl Jam videos that was filmed there, in high school, Even Flow. Yes, I did go through a Grunge phase way back when! LOL!!



The second pic is our view while KT was playing and then the next pic is an attempted close up! The pics were taken with my iPhone so there's no zoom, I had to crop the picture in iPhoto to get close up.


Ok, sorry for all the blabbing about the concert!! On to the cards!! These are what I made for my mom and my MIL for Mother's Day. Pretty straight forward but I sure enjoyed making them!!


I love Elyse! She reminds me of me as a little girl and I thought she'd be perfect for an M day card for my mama!! My mom and I are very close and have always had a special bond!! She's had my heart from the beginning!! :D I was a preemie so maybe that had something to do with the closeness we have, a special relationship from the start. My mom's water broke 6 weeks before her due date and the doctors kept her on bed rest and were able to keep me in for another 2 weeks before she delivered me. I didn't know they can do that after your water breaks! I was 4 lbs 14 oz when I was born.

All papers, ribbon and stamps used on the Elyse card are by A Muse. The little flowers are from the new Circle Frames clear stamp set, image colored in with Copics, Palette Hybrid Noir ink used.



This next card was for my MIL, a very sweet caring woman! I'm so blessed to get along so well with my in-laws. Makes married life much easier.

All stamps and papers used on the nest card are also by A Muse, Palette Hybrid Noir Ink, Copics and Close to Cocoa ink also used.

Thank you so much for reading my blog today!! I hope all of you Mother's out there felt blessed this weekend!! Motherhood is definitely not an easy job but so worth every minute!!

HUGS!

7 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Sounds like you had a jam packed day! and such fun gifts from you kids! Love your mother's day cards - very cute Amuse images on both!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Love your cards!

Ingrid said...

Rhonda, your cards are absolutely beautiful! What a lucky mom to be so pampered, too! I am glad you had a special day - you deserve it!

Jen D said...

That sounds like such a fun Mother's Day! I LOVE these cards! Especially the bird one- what an awesome layout!! I definitely need to start challenging myself with some different layouts!

Tracy said...

What beautiful cards Rhonda! I'm so glad to see you back inkin' it up again. Missed you. Glad to hear your Mother's Day was a good one. It couldn't happen to a better gal!

Nancy said...

It sounds like you had a FABULOUS Mother's Day Rhonda. It doesn't get much better than that! Both of your cards are just precious! I really like the layout on the Elyse card. I still need to get that stamp, she is too stinkin' cute! Matter of fact, your layount on the nest card is great too & what nice images to use for a Mother's Day card!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your Mother's Day was an absolute blast! I am so glad that you got to have a special day just for you! I love these cards too! Thanks for sharing!