Saturday, May 3, 2008

Trash to Treasure...

So, how 'bout it, does this look like trash or treasure to you?:


This is what Linda tossed in her trash at the A Muse shop last Saturday night while we were stamping for VMAA!!! She had punched it and didn't want to use it so she tossed it. I saw it on top of the can and quickly yanked it out and held on to it for dear life!!! She was teasing me for taking trash out of the can!! I'm sorry, but how could she throw away such a YUMMY piece of Grass Green 4-bar Kitchen Notecard??? :D She said she doesn't save the scraps cuz she never ends up using them then they pile up. I have a little plastic envelope that I keep my A Muse scraps in and look in there first before cutting up my precious notecards. I told her I'd make a card with her scrap and show her. By the end of the night Saturday, she had piled up several notecard scraps and put them at my spot on the table! So sweet! No shame in my game!! :D

Here's what I made with it:

It's a thank you card for Linda for letting me come to the A Muse shop and stamp with her and the other A Muse ladies. The best part is I still have a huge piece of this notecard left to make another card with! :D

Here's a closer up look in case you're interested. Stamps, notecards and Twinkle Sticker are from A Muse, ribbon by May Arts, white CS by PTI, Inks: Memories Black, SU Going Gray, and Copics.

Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

~Rhonda :D

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is super cute! So glad you recued that poor notecard from the trash, I would've done the same thing! :)

Rachel Hope said...

LOVE it!!! and I would have done the Same thing! Love my scraps! :)

Lori Barnett said...

HA HA HA!!! I'm laughin' so hard my eyes are watering!! I went shopping in the trash at a class I was at -- here at a local scrapbook store! People were throwing away scraps that were huge!! I'm sure they thought I was insane...but I didn't care! I'm totally with ya girlfriend :)

This card is SO CUTE! I was gonna get that stamp shop 3 TIMES and didn't. I keep getting other ones...you know...like NEW release ones. I have got to snag this soon! Wanna get together and go garbage can shopping?! hee HEE.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rhonda!
NO WAY would I have let that go, either!
I totally get you! ;)
I have baggies for my paper sorted by color.

You rocked that "scrap" girl! :)

Michelle Clark said...

Super cute card!! I love your coloring!

Ingrid said...

Excellent dumpster diving, Rhonda! I think the majority of us keep our scraps - especially anyone who uses 12 by 12 scrap paper for cards! I have mine sorted, too, and use it all the time - it has to be about the size of my pinkie for me to throw it away, LOL! Your card is super cute and I think you have a little copic tutorial to share - the coloring on your cards lately heve been incredible!

Jen D said...

So cute! I would have grabbed it too! I hate cutting up those precious notecards! ;)

Anonymous said...

I would have saved it too!
I love the card you made with it!!!

melissa said...

I saw this in real life the other day---& it's REALLY gorgeous! You have a great eye...for trash & treasure! ;) LOL!!!

Tisha said...

Definitely a treasure!! Great card! Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! *laugh*

Card looks great though! =)

Novell said...

Great save! I love this card!

Sarah/WAstamper said...

LOVE it, Rhonda - especially the color combo. And tell Linda she can send her scraps my way anytime!;)

scoopy (Emily) said...

Adorable Rhonda! I save every tiny little bit of my A Muse scraps too!

Nancy said...

OMG....most definitely TREASURE!! I think Linda needs to start a box where she throws her scraps....I'm sure she would have plenty of takers :) Your card is adorable & you still have more "treasure" to work with.....doesn't get much better than that! :)

Anonymous said...

You totally crack me up!!! LOL!! *No shame in my game*! You are hilarious! :) I would be right there with you, grabbing that notecard! I am a major scrap saver!! This card is absolutely beautiful and perfect for Linda, especially because of the notecard! You rock girl!

Lori Barnett said...

***update*** Guess what I did?! I went to the Stamp Store Wednesday :) And guess what I got?! This Stamp Shop Stamp!! YEEHAW!!! Oh...and 7 other stamps...but who's counting! :) They were so needing a home...and how could I just LEAVE them there!!